The CLIENT is the couple who are getting married/entering a civil partnership. The PHOTOGRAPHER is Karen Jackson
By filling in and sending the Wedding Booking Form and paying a booking fee, the client agrees to the following terms and conditions of booking:
Payments, Cancellation, Payments and Attendance:
1. Prices quoted at time of booking will remain frozen for the chosen package on the agreed date.
2. In the unlikely event of a cancellation by client, any booking fee/balance paid is non-refundable after a 14 day cooling off period. If there is a cancellation within 12 weeks of the wedding date, the full balance must still be paid.
3. If the date of the wedding is postponed, the booking fee can be used to secure another date at the Photographer’s discretion, subject to availability. If the new wedding date is not within the same year and the price of the chosen package has increased, the Client will be expected to pay the price difference.
4. Albums purchased separately from packages may differ slightly in price and availability from time of booking, subject to supplier prices and availability.
5. In the unlikely event of an insurance claim, neither party will accept liability for more than the package fee paid at that time.
6. If the photographer booked is unable to attend due to illness or personal circumstance; a replacement Photographer may attend.
7. The Photographer will only attend the wedding if the full agreed fee has been paid prior to the wedding date, if not, the booking fee and any subsequent payments will be lost.
Images, Albums and Service expectations:
8. Images may be used for promotional materials, online and shared with your wedding suppliers unless an email request not to use these is issued by you prior to the wedding date. This will be agreed during the creation of the pre-wedding time line.
9. Digital Images provided can be reprinted for personal use and used on Social Media (with a tag or credit) but cannot be published without permission of the Photographer and must never be edited (ie cropped or filters applied). Copyright remains with the Photographer.
10. Pre-designed albums can undergo two rounds of changes at the client’s request, free of charge. Changes after this will be charged at £50 per round.
11. Wedding albums included in packages may be subject to a price increase if ordered later than the year of the wedding (this does not apply to weddings in November and December of the previous year).
12. Once the client receives the album, no replacements will be given unless a fault has been reported within 28 days of receipt. Albums stored in a dry place. Any replacements after 28 days will require payment by the client.
13. Any complaints regarding products, images or service must be raised within 28 days of receipt/service.
14. The Digital images will be ready for the client within 28 days of the wedding date. Digital images will be available to download for 6 month after the wedding/event, the client should download the images within this time and back up three times to prevent loss.
Working Conditions, Health and Safety:
15. Any other Photographers working at the event will be employed by Karen Jackson Photography and must not be booked separately by anyone else. No amateur/enthusiast Photographers may stand at the front of the ceremony or take group/couple photographs due to the negative impact it can have in terms of time/space constraints and guests/clients looking at the correct camera.
16. The Client does not have to provide the Photographer with a meal at the wedding except under the following circumstances a) the wedding is in a remote/rural location and it would be difficult to source hot food locally OR b) the Photographer is required to Photograph an activity during the wedding breakfast (for example speeches between courses or singing waiters). If no meal is provided, the Photographer will be off site during the meal time and will return before the arrival of the evening guests.
17. The Photographer reserves the right to refuse to photograph anything they deem as unsafe, for example on a rooftop, cliff edge or where there are open flames. The Photographer reserves the right to leave an event where Clients or guests act in a threatening or abusive manner.
18. The Photographer reserves the right to refuse to shoot an agreed event during a period where it may their health may be at risk (during a Global Pandemic).